Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting things done

Insta-kitchen from Soriana (except the essential French press)
I thought this would be a vacation vacation, not as much of a rush-around-and-get-things-done vacation. I sincerely intended to carry out the foot doctor's prescription to walk barefoot in warm sand. And call everyone I was hoping to see. Instead, it has been busy with errands and chores although I have had some nice visits with friends.

The house is feeling homey and very liveable. You still would call it "lightly furnished", but that's a refreshing contrast to our Victoria clutter. There are places to sit, and dishes to eat on, utensils and pots and a few pictures on the wall - thanks to Alfredo for that.

Lucio and his assistants cleared the weedy, overgrown patio and back of the property which someone has mistaken for a free dump.

Already, only a few days left and still lots to do, and some choices to make about what won't get done until the next trip.








3 comments:

  1. There's always so much to do when you're a homeowner especially when the home is still new. Soon enough you'll get to have a more relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "lightly furnished." We are trying to keep ours uncluttered as well. We'll see. I know my tendency to keep adding things I love. Your wall hanging looks like a woven bag, but whatever it is, it looks great there.
    Try to relax at least one day. We are hoping to take one day and make a bus trip to the beach or to a hacienda, or something, so that it feels a little like a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barb, I hope your upcoming vacation is going to all relaxation and not a lot of fixing up.

    John and Alan I'm glad you like the wall hanging. It's by the artist Bolsas de Mercado. Maybe you have some similar works.

    ReplyDelete