Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shadows on the wall

Returned to Victoria and Fallingdowne this week,  with lots of unposted blog scribblings due to time and connectivity challenges during Merida stay. So I hope you'll indulge me as I do a bit of catch-up.
 
11/13/2010 Tom suggested staying in a hotel instead of the house, which does make an awful lot of sense. Chairs and internet are objects of great longing these days. There seemed to be a point to be made about occupying the place. I think the point has been made, but I still stay after brother Doug has gone, not sure whether it is inertia or sheer cussedness. There's not much to see in the house these days - two hammocks, and a lot of tiny biting ants that swarm any food item that is left out for more than a few minutes. But there are these cool shadows on the kitchen wall in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. The point made of staying in the house was, for me, hearing the community that surrounds the house. Today, with my own house in Morden, Manitoba all-in-pieces, I dearly miss the hammock Debbie supplied--better than the couch.
    The point: something is enchanting and telling about staying close to a building that is going through dramatic change.

    ReplyDelete