Sunday, December 27, 2009

Waiting and daydreaming

It has been nearly two months since my offer was accepted on "our" house, but we're still in limbo without even a signed promesa de venta. A new survey had to be done and then wind its way through the land registry, and somewhere along the way I'm told a problem was found with the new survey so yet another was required. Now everything is shut down for the holidays so who knows when we'll get through this step and start making progress again towards actually purchasing the place. Back here in Victoria it is pretty cold. Hard frost on the roofs and roads and cars in the mornings. Images of the Yucatan help take the edge off the cold, though. Before my trip in October I looked for photos of the Ermita de Santa Isabel neighborhood where I was going to stay and couldn't find much, so I tried to take some to post myself. It's very pretty, with the buildings painted pastel colours and the cobbled streets. The overhead wires are relaid underground and the park next to the cathedral has free wifi - in the evenings it's full of children and adults sitting on benches with their laptops open. It's one of perhaps a dozen or so parks around the city with free wifi - most are far from the tourist zone and probably in neighborhoods where many people might not have the money for internet service in their homes. On Sunday morning the street from the cathedral to the broad Paseo Montejo are open to bicycle traffic only - very peaceful.
Anyway, here are some photos from around "La Ermita" to keep you warm.



1 comment:

  1. I empathize completely. I hope all of the complications are worked out soon. Keep thinking warm thoughts!

    ReplyDelete