Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A second look in Santiago


Went to see the colonial house with the vigas for a second time today. I'm back and forth on the pros and cons of this house. It's in the best location in terms of being close walking distance to all the main attractions: the Zocalo/Plaza Grande, Santiago square, markets, shopping, Paseo de Montejo (the wide avenue modeled on the Champs Elysees), all the music and cultural hot spots. It's even close to the Merida English Language Library. Most of the houses in this area are way out of my price range. However the street is busy with cars and buses - at times. When we were there today for more than an hour it seemed very quiet. Even when vehicles went by they didn't seem loud. In the back of the house and in the courtyard and garden it was particularly peaceful. So it's back on the list, I think. This location is "in the zone" as Lexy's friend Debbie says. It would definitely be attractive to people looking for a central place to rent. But for us, staying long-term?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog today, and I’m going to add it to my blogroll along with some other Merida/Yucatan blogs that I’ve been meaning to do the same with. Have to say that I love the name of your blog. A while back, I wrote about a Merida Initiative of our own:

    http://www.movingtomerida.com/?p=207

    And, I remember thinking that I wish I’d named my blog that instead of M2M! I also made a comment on your photo page regarding the green house in Chen-Bech on C40. It made it to our top 3. There is another house in Merjorada that you might be interested in if you haven't already seen it. It has the vigas you like...Good price too. Good luck finding a great fixer upper - I can't wait to see how it progresses!

    ReplyDelete